From us to you
Born out of a collaboration between like-minded souls in the Margaret River community, our meditation is designed to foster mindfulness and connection, making for the perfect way to start your day on a positive note or to re-centre yourself in the evening. Specifically created to help you tap into the potent power of scent, we recommend pairing it with your favourite MELIS perfume to create desirable moments and cultivate feelings of positive intent. I’m sure you will feel the love, intention and power of this collaboration as you listen and journey within.
Karen Jones, creator and voice of MELIS meditation and Producer, Simon Walsh during the meditation’s recording.
How to use MELIS to enhance your mood
The following technique harnesses the power of the high vibrational plant matter within MELIS and its scent to positively influence emotion through stimulation of your body’s electromagnetic field and olfactory processing system. It is a powerful technique that can either take a few moments or be extended into a meditation.
Repetition is recommended.
After sufficient repetitions and application, your chosen scent affirms the memorised feeling to your brain and energy system so that every time you smell that particular scent the desired feeling will be evoked within your systems.
Five simple steps...
1. Select your natural scent by allowing your intuition to guide you.
2. Ground your energy by connecting to a point within the earth ~30cm below the centre of your feet and then take a moment to reflect on how you want to feel eg: calm, safe, loving, compassionate, patient.
3. Apply your chosen MELIS scent to your neck and temples. Hold the perfume near your nose and take three deep breaths.
4. As you take your breaths remember a specific time, place, event where you felt your desired feeling eg: calm, safe, loving, compassionate, patient. Visualise this memory and feel into your body exactly how it felt at that point in time.
5. Once you have taken your breaths and felt the memory, verbalise your chosen affirmation - out loud or in your head - whilst seeing yourself experiencing the feeling in the future. Remember to feel into the feeling as this is the key to this technique’s success.
Here are some examples of affirmations that can be used:
“I am safe and loved”
“I am calm and relaxed”
“I am patient and kind”
“I have clarity with my decision making”
“I am worthy of success”
Sources for five simple steps technique: Leonie Gully, Moonhaven Clinical Aromatherapist and Melaney Ryan, Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness